Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Son Has a Cooler Job Than I Do

Oh wait a minute... I actually don't have a job right now. I guess the point is still valid, though: Christopher's job is still cooler than any job I've ever had. This weekend at his National Guard drill, he was out on the aircraft firing range. He does avionics and weapons systems repair and maintenance on the Apache helicopters, and this weekend the birds were out on the range practicing. The birds would come in, and then he and his team would run out, reload the 30mm cannons (them are BIG rounds!!!), and the birds would take off again. As you can tell from this picture here, he came in a bit dirty!

Below you can see a video of one of the birds coming in. Check out the amazing dust cloud that it kicks up. At a point where the video becomes invisible, a rock flew up, hit the phone and closed it. Yikes. Christopher loves his job; just like Boy Scouts but with cooler toys! :-)

No comments: