Saturday, August 15, 2009

Freedom Team

PFC Christopher J. Goodale, a Soldier in the United States Army, has submitted you for a Freedom Team Salute Commendation for your support and sacrifice as an Army Parent.

So starts the letter (to the right) that we received today, along with a certificate (below), and Army Parent lapel pins for Michelle and I. We will wear them proudly; in fact, I even look forward to wearing mine on my sports coat when I'm in Japan in a couple of weeks. We'll see what sort of conversation starter that ends up being. :-)

A week ago today, Christopher's platoon entered "White Phase" of training, which we thought allowed him more freedoms and more time. However, we haven't received any letters from him this week, other than very brief notes along with things he has sent home. So we cannot wait to hear from him again soon!!!

I still have quite a few letters to post on his Letters from a Warrior blog; please forgive me for not getting to that.

No comments: