Monday, October 26, 2009

Greetings from Maryland

As mentioned in my post yesterday, today I had the really cool experience of driving 300 miles on the U.S. east coast during Fall, when all of the tree leaves are changing colors. Up to central New Jersey from Philadelphia for a meeting, then back down to Maryland, where I have more meetings tomorrow morning. The photo here at the left is taken along the East Coast Greenway near the Raritan River. The East Coast Greenway is a 3,000-mile-long traffic-free trail connecting cities from Maine to Florida - pretty cool! My little rented Ford "EDGE" SUV - I think that stands for "piece of junk" - did well enough, and it was a very pleasant drive. I sure wish I had my regular digital SLR camera instead of my simple point-and-click camera, but these pics will have to do.

Here (pic on right) is one thing I really love about traveling on the East Coast: things are OLD. On the West Coast where I'm from, if something has been around since 1950 it is considered "old." Just in case you're wondering, I have NOT been around since 1950, so I am NOT old!!! But I love this township (what did they do to the cat???), established in 1666. Do you think that things have changed at all around there in the past 343 years.

And finally for this posting, I saw this (pic on left) customized license plate from the province of Ontario. Based on this, the question goes begging... Do they really allow mummies to drive in Canada???

All 22 photos from today's drive are posted on Facebook (click here) and on Flickr (click here).

No comments: