Thursday, November 26, 2009

Brianna Singing "Hero"

My readers here know that I love taking pictures. My favorite camera is my Canon Digital SLR, but it's just too big to take along on business trips, so I have a smaller "simpler" Olympus digital camera that I take along with me when I travel. It also shoots video (which my larger digital SLR does not).

So I brought it along with me to Tokyo on this trip, and I go to download a few pictures that I've taken with it. Lo and behold, I discover that back on November 9th, somebody (I'm assuming Andrew) used this camera to record Brianna singing "Hero," undoubtedly one of the tribute pieces of her Uncle James Michael Cotter ("Uncle Michael"). Michael was a proud member of the Hi-Tops Dance Team, and they always perform this song. Whenever they perform it, each member of the dance team wears a shirt with his/her picture on it. At Michael's funeral, the Hi-Tops performed, and they all wore a shirt with Michael's picture on it.

Anyway... I don't know how Brianna got through this, but she made it without crying. One of these days we should record her doing this mic'd up so we can hear her voice better over the piano. If any members of my family can watch this and listen without getting all teared up, my hat's off to you!

There's a YouTube link to the video here, but chances are that YouTube will remove it due to copyright protections. I'm also embedding it here below, directly to my blog (blogger link is also here). Enjoy.

No comments: