Sunday, September 28, 2008

Boring Speech in Singapore

Earlier this month Emergent made an appearance at Games Convention Asia. This was the second annual Asian version of Games Convention held in Leipzig, Germany each year. Being the business guy that I am, I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit, and gave a 50-minute presentation entitled "Simplifying Cross-Platform Development in a Multi-Core Environment." I spoke all about the varying multicore architectures of the PS3, the Xbox 360, today's multicore PCs, and even Larabee and Cuda, new architectures by Intel and Nvidia, respectively.

Does that sound like a really exciting presentation, or what?! I warned my audience that if they were taking notes, they had better put big ol' erasers on the ends of their pencils, so that when their heads came crashing down in their laps from falling asleep, they don't accidentally poke an eye out. Most everybody laughed, so apparently this group of attendees had a pretty good command of English.

No comments: