Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Around Tokyo

Me travel with a camera? Hoodathunkit?!?! I like taking pictures wherever I go, and it's especially fun to travel around Christmastime. Things are so festive everywhere, even in countries where Christianity is not all that common. To the left here is a close-up shot I got of a Christmas tree in the Takanawa Wing section of Shinagawa.

To the right here is a Christmas tree display inside the JR Shinagawa East Building, right next to my favorite book store in Tokyo (Ooi Shoten). If you're ever in a need for the latest English-language paperback book, this place has a pretty good selection.

I've inserted a few photos and videos below, but for all I've taken thus far on this trip, please check them out here on Flickr.

When I go out on the town, I wanna wear my brown cowboy boots, purple pants, pink shirt, and leopard-skin coat. Woohoo!!! Taken on the subway the other night.

My awesome French toast breakfast last Friday morning (Thursday afternoon in the U.S., when everyone back home was pigging out on turkey).

Note to Daughter: If something ever possesses you to wear blue shoes with blue fuzzy balls at the toes, I might have to hurt you. Secondly, if something ever possesses you to wear a skirt with a slit this high, same result.

Fall is still in the air in Yokohama (taken in front of Hiyoshi Station).

Haha... baguette delivery scooters. I would much more expect to see this in Paris!

Ahhh... check out these cute little yellow hats as part of these girls' school uniforms. I bet my kids are jealous they didn't get such attire for school!

There's probably scientific proof for this, but on Tokyo subways, 4 out of 5 people have their noses buried in their cell phones; the 5th person sleeps.


Video of Christmas decorations at Takanawa Wing in Shinagawa. Listen for "Jingle Bells" playing in the background.

No comments: