Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flicking Out in Shanghai

Tonight I flicked out. Went to a nearby mall movie theater and saw Dreamworks' and Pixar's "Kung Fu Panda." I haven't laughed that hard in a long time - what a funny movie!!! Especially in the part (I'm not giving anything away, if you haven't seen it) where the panda is being trained with food as a motivator, I thought I was going to die laughing!

Admission, by the way, cost 70 quai, or about $10. That's about the same as a movie theater in the U.S. My popcorn and soda, though, was only 28 quai, or about $4. That's a bargain in the U.S., although since the popcorn tasted very strongly of caramel, I would have gladly paid more for "normal" popcorn! :-)

I've now been to movies in the U.S. (countless states, as I like flicking out on biz trips), Japan, Korea, China, Australia, New Zealand, and the U.K. In every place but the U.S., it's first-come, first-served, and you get to pick your assigned seat from whatever is available when you buy your ticket. Awesome!!!

No comments: