Friday, June 27, 2008

Security in Tokyo

This past couple of weeks in Tokyo, I noticed all of these policemen armed to the teeth with their armbands (man those Tokyo cops are tough!!!) in the train stations. At first, I just thought they had beefed up their security because they heard that the lunatic John Goodale was in town, but then I saw this sign (pictured at right).

They're beefing up security in Tokyo for the G8 meetings coming up in Hokkaido next month. Hmmm... that's like saying, "We're holding government meetings in Portland, so we're beefing up security in Los Angeles..." (about the same distance as between Tokyo and Hokkaido). Oh well... I guess it never hurts to be too safe.

But... in spite of the extra security in Tokyo, I was able to stroll around the train stations with my thermonuclear device, my double-barreled shotgun, and my crossbow slung over my shoulders.

I'm sorry... that was just a silly joke; I don't even own a crossbow! :-)

No comments: