Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BEEF in Tokyo

I am a happy man. Tonight I went to my favorite restaurant in Tokyo, Safari. It's a yakiniku place, and it's just EXCELLENT!!! Great meat (more than a dozen cuts of beef), great proprieters (two very kind gentlemen, pictured here with me), good value (tonight's meal was less than $60/person - great for this type of restaurant in Tokyo), and a great location (off the beaten path, so very quiet and peaceful). Even their house salad is to die for.

I take guests to this restaurant almost every time I'm in Tokyo. I usually order the same thing (a wide assortment of nearly every cut of beef they have), and I usually just say, "I'll have the John Special" - the proprietors know it well; one of these days I expect to see it on their menu :-). I go there so frequently that when I walk through door, I say in Japanese the equivalent of "I'm home!!!" Even though I say that every time I go there, they're still nice enough to laugh at my corny style. :-)

Yummmmm... as I put on my Facebook status, I have been thoroughly beefed tonight.

No comments: