Thursday, November 20, 2008

Best. Steak. EVER!!!

I didn't think it would be possible to be so happy in food, two nights in a row. Safari one night, then Steak House Hama the next!!! Wow!!!

You've all heard of Kobe beef, right? There's one grade above that, even, Matsuzaka beef. That's what this restaurant serves. When Elliott suggested he wanted really good teppanyaki (the style of restaurant where the chef cooks your food at a big steel grill right at your table), I could think of no better place than this. So a group of us went there, and MAN is it ever yummy!!! Check out the pic of our chef frying up our steak right before our eyes. I never thought 150g of beef could be so satisfying!

I was at Hama with an associate about a year-and-a-half ago, and he described their steak pretty well: "It's the best-tasting steak I've ever had, with the consistency and texture of jello." Tender and tasty (the steak, not me, silly), I can't think of a better way to describe this pallet-pleasing perfection!!! :-)

Safari and Hama were 3 and 2 nights ago, respectively, but all we had time for last night was a very quick Mickey Dees meal at Kyoto station before boarding our Tokyo-bound shinkansen.

No comments: