Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let It Snow!!!

So... the other day Michelle was out driving in our snow-laden Boise (it has been snowing A LOT!!!), and I asked her how her drive was. When she replied that her van fishtailed only once, my initial thought was, "Oh... I'm sorry it wasn't more!" :-)

Horrible example to my children that I am, I've found it quite fun to drive around in the snow and slide all around. Admittedly, though, the traction control system and the ABS on my MDX actually make if difficult to go too crazy.

But all of this has gotten me thinking about the harsh winter the entire country is experiencing. I love the icicles that appeared just out our back door (see pics herein; click to see larger versions), as snow melting from our room ran down the branches of this bush. While my friends in California who say that 50 degrees is "freezing," I'm sure that my friends in Minneapolis are thinking that 25 here in Boise is tee-shirt weather! So I guess all things are relative.

Our third winter in Boise, though, and I'm still loving it. I find the snow to be peaceful and beautiful, and I get excited every time it snows! :-)

No comments: