Friday, February 8, 2008

Dang Weather Forecasters!!!

Wednesday morning here, I checked the weather forecast before heading out. It was about 7am, and the forecast indicated that it would start snowing in Tokyo at 1pm, six hours later. But ya' know???... them weather forecasters were WRONG!!! It didn't start snowing until about 1:15!

I say very much in jest, because back home, it seems like the weather forecasters can barely predict which MONTH it will snow in, much less which HOUR! Let's start importing Japanese weather forecasters!

Speaking of weather and snow, herein is a picture of Mt. Fuji. One of these days, I must actually GO to Mt. Fuji; every single picture I've ever taken of it has been from a shinkansen, humming along at 160+ miles per hour. So even if a little blurry, it still looks beautiful.

Tuesday night, some two days after we had that big snow storm on Sunday, I took this photo of three little snowmen someone had built in front of my apartment. These poor little creatures were melting rapidly and only about a foot high, but I thought they were cute. People around here get snow so infrequently that everybody and their dog goes out and builds snowmen. They're everywhere! It reminds me of the recent snowman posting that our good friend, Tami Christensen, put up from Shanghai.

No comments: