Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Foodium!!!

In Shinagawa station here in Tokyo, there's a restaurant named "Lounge Foodium" - I'm serious. Well... I can't tell you how wonderful it's been to be staying in this apartment while I've been here on this trip. I'm actually going to go home from a long trip and NOT dump 46 loads of laundry in Michelle's lap - I'm doing laundry here. And it's been so nice to do a lot of my own cooking. Heading home in less than two days, I've been carefully consuming the food I have left, but tonight I just HAD to go out to the grocery store, because fresh strawberries are now in season. Strawberries here are like no place else: hand-picked and every one of them PERFECT. Yum!!! And expensive, too: a small pack of them runs $5 to $10 (I got the cheaper ones).

Pictured here is my creatively concocted culinary creation (or not - it's really quite simple) from when I was cooking breakfast one day last week: bacon and eggs. However, I must admit that it was the first time in 20+ years that I cooked bacon in anything other than a microwave oven. Well... I'm gonna go fix myself a nice bowl of strawberries, then go to bed! Good night, everyone!

No comments: