Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brianna at All-State

Today Brianna performed in the Idaho Music Educators Associations' All State Honors Group performances out in Pocatello. The venue was the Stephens Performing Arts Center on the Idaho State University campus; I was amazed at how beautiful this world-class facility is, right in the heart of Pocatello! :-)

Brianna was a first soprano in the All State Mixed Choir, with over 200 high school students from throughout Idaho. They did a GREAT job, and really sounded angelic.

Of the six songs Brianna's group sang, I took video of three of them, and have posted them up on YouTube. I have embedded one of them right here in the blog (click on the YouTube 'play' button below), of the group singing "I'm Gonna Rise," by Paul Marsena. It's a gospel song, and it's pretty fun. Here also are links to two others on YouTube:
  • "Simple Gifts," an old Shaker tune. I've sung this one in church choirs before, and I love this song.
  • "Winter," by Z. Randall Stroop. This song is very melodic and beautiful.

No comments: