Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pictures from Seoul

I'm in Seoul attending game industry show G-Star, and although I had a lot of meetings set up Thursday and Friday, I took today (Saturday) to just hang out in my hotel room and get a lot of work done. I took a break from it, though, and went on a walk around my hotel. I'm staying at the Grand Intercontinental Hotel in the Gangnam ("south of river") area of Seoul, near the COEX Center.

I've stayed at this hotel probably two dozen times, but I have never taken a stroll to the Bongeunsa Temple near here. Somebody was giving me a hard time about this, so on my afternoon walkabout I went to check it out. Very different from the Japanese Buddhist temples I've visited.

A few of the pictures I took are below, and you can see all of the pictures from my trip by clicking here.

Fun Christmas display out in front of the Hyundai Department Store here in Seoul.

Normally there's just a long concrete sidewalk running alongside the COEX Convention Center, but there's currently this huge flower display set up there, including miniature houses, waterfalls, etc. It was cool.

The facade on the front of this building has always intrigued me.

Taken at the Bongeunsa Temple.

Taken at the Bongeunsa Temple.

Taken at the Bongeunsa Temple.

Taken at the Bongeunsa Temple. I loved all of the bright paintings and colors that adorned the buildings.

No comments: