Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Radical Shift to the Left

Now... based on that title to this posting, don't go getting all worried or elated that I've changed my political views... just my driving orientation. I've rented a car (a Holden Statesman) here in Melbourne, and they drive on the left here. It's been 20 years, since I lived in Japan, since I've driven on the left. I was thinking I was getting the hang of it again, when they threw a curve at me. Well... not a curve, but a roundabout. We just don't have many roundabouts in the U.S., and Americans (including myself) are not used to them! I must admit that I REALLY had to think hard about how I was driving around that thing, to branch off to the correct street.

By the way, of course I'm paying for the rental car with Australian dollars. Picture included. Why is it that the United States has the most boring looking money in the world?!?! We should take lessons from other countries!!!

No comments: